Designed for acneic and problem skin Medik8 betaCleanse is a lightweight gentle formula that leaves skin feeling cool refreshed and thoroughly clean removing dirt oil impurities and make-up as well as uncloging pores but without over drying the skin causing irritation or stripping its natural protective oils.
betaCleanse contains a powerful complex of active ingredients including 2% Salicylic Acid Niacinamide L-Mandelic acid Chlorhexidine Gluconate and Tea Tree Oil. These actives improve the function of the skin and regulate the work of sebaceous glands. Salicylic Acid helps the skin to shed dead cells decreases redness and inflammation prevents
pore-clogging and refines skin texture. L-mandelic acid is a unique lipid-soluble alpha hydroxy acid allowing pore-deep cleansing together with Glycolic acid style exfoliation but without the stinging. Chlorhexidine Gluconate (included as a preservative) and Tea Tree oil are well known for their numerous antibacterial antiseptic antifungal and anti-microbial effects. Niacinamide on the other hand provides potent anti-inflammatory activity without the risk of inducing bacterial resistance.
- Only gentle surfactants (cleansing agents) are used in betaCleanse to ensure no skin disruption
- Foaming pump allows gentle application to the face without the need for vigorous rubbing to create foam
- Salicylic acid helps to gently remove the skin cells that are clogging up pores and contributing to outbreaks.
- By removing the most superficial skin layer Salicylic acid allows the other active ingredients to penetrate
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3 complex) has anti-inflammatory properties and helps regulates the production of sebum
- Both salicylic acid and nicotinic acid have a keratin-dissolving property to help alleviate sebum blocking the pores
- L-Mandelic acid is a potent exfoliator but unlike Glycolic acid does not irritate cause erythema or burning
- L-Mandelic acid also demonstrates antiseptic activity making it suitable for hypersensitive acne-prone skin types
- Tea Tree oil is an established natural antibacterial agent
- Chlorhexadine Gluconate (used as a preservative) has inate anti-bacterial action
betaCleanse contains no Parabens and no SLES (or similar harsh detergents) which can irritate the skin and is 100% soap free